Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Feeling Blessed




It was a normal morning. . .Coffee was brewing at 5:30. . .
By the second cup, the SUN was beginning to raise it's sleepy head 
and SHINE some LIGHT into the kitchen. . .
Light that landed on the single word "BLESSED". . .
bringing to mind that this was my special day. . .




I smiled and thought. . .
"Getting older isn't a bad thing. . .I am so BLESSED that I'm here for another birthday."
To tell the truth, I embrace the fact that I continue to have them. . .
HUMMMMM. . .I've heard those words before. . .




My DAD said those very words. . .so many times. . .
Each birthday he reflected. . .sometimes silently. . .often with stories. . .always with hugs. . .
on the BLESSINGS that had come his way.  . .
RECENT BLESSINGS. . .LIFETIME BLESSINGS. . .BLESSINGS TO COME. . .
And somehow he always made us feel that his FAMILY was the GREATEST BLESSING of all. . .




So in the DAWN of another day. . .I stood and counted my BLESSINGS. . .
one by one. . .until the SUN was high in the sky. . .Remembering the lesson Daddy taught me. . .
and Thanking GOD for feeling so BLESSED in every way. . .
and
Thinking that maybe that's what Birthdays are all about. . .
at least for this FARMER'S DAUGHTER.




I have one more person to thank for making my day so special. . .
Cindy of Old Time Farmhouse. . .
She knows me so well. . .gifting me with the BLESSING plaque 
 and the absolutely perfect FARMER'S DAUGHTER pillow. . .
but most of all. . .with giving me her Sisterly LOVE. . .(We adopted each other. . .GRIN)


. . .from my farmhouse to yours. . .




5 comments:

claudia said...

Happy Birthday!

Sridhar Chandrasekaran said...

You have such an interesting blog. Thanks for sharing. I'm a life coach blogger. Reading blogs is my hobby and I randomly found your blog. I enjoyed reading your posts. All the best for your future blogging endeavors. Please keep in touch with me in Google+, +sridharchandrasekaran Twitter @lifecoachbloger

Old Time Cindy said...

Love you, Sis! Hugs!!!

Diane said...

Happy birthday! I was happy to see that we share the same birthday, although I am beginning a new decade this year!
Truly counting my blessings and family and sisters in Christ!
Diane in Alabama

Heide at ApronHistory said...

Happy Birthday Friend!!

Lovely post. Thank you for sharing your Dad's wise words.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...